Pages

Monday, October 26, 2020

First Monday in Retirement

The weather had the good graces to be cold and snowy. No alarm was set as per the edict from CaDiva.  But I still woke up at 5:00 AM. I got over it fairly quickly. 

We ate the left over from our curb-side-to-go IHOP from yesterday. This was our first time doing doing the pancake thing for dinner. Well, that's not true. Usually CaDiva mans the griddle and I open the syrup. This time the inter-global home of fried bread made our meal and CaDiva picked it up. I did the ordering. And I had to make decisions and all that such there. So I still get credit.

I was able to eat a couple of pancakes, some sausage, bacon, eggs, and hash browns. But my appetite has been suppressed lately. What? I'm a Midwesterner. What I just listed is from the light menu in the Midwest.

In fact, I have actually not put on the Covid 15. I'm down 21 lbs. So, if you add the 15 lbs. I didn't put on, I have lost most of a toddler. Anyway, that's not what I planned to discuss today. It was sort of an ew-look-a-chicken moment. It is a lot like squirrel but this t-shirt came out before the movie and I really think it is funnier. Except that was a really great movie and you have to love the dog. And don't get me started on the opening segment love story. Shoot, there I go again. Back on track.

What I started to tell you was we ate the left overs from yesterday's take out for lunch. In the process we found a package delivered at our door. For those of you who don't have access to See's chocolates, you don't truly understand why I didn't feel the need to eat dinner tonight. For those who do make the stop at the Denver Airport or a mad dash out of your conference in Anaheim, it was a pound mix dark and milk, nuts, chews, and soft centers. And that should explain everything. Thank you Cathy, great retirement gift.

As to productivity, I thinned out a lot of the clutter on my kitchen table from my desk at the office. I also joined a challenge on my June's Journey game on Facebook. What can I say, it is day two of being retired and I wasn't really motivated yet.

I did match a good pen to my new journal and I'm going to start my notes about my mother's book. So that counts as productivity too because it was on my list of my things-I'm-going-to-do-when-I-retire list.

Also I have already voted and confirmed it was received and acknowledged. And I posted the first of my openly political comments on the previously mentioned book of faces. So there is my first non-working day. I can guarantee you a week from today I will be discussing why someone owes me an hour, but that is for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment